Thank you for your interest in Genoa Design. Genoa is focused on hiring the right people for the right job. We not only have a passion for ships, we also have a passion for living well. We believe in offering employees a satisfying, challenging and balanced work environment. If this sounds like the place for you, please see our current job postings.
Reports to: Controller
Location of employment: Mount Pearl
Annual salary: Competitive Compensation Package
Position type: Part-time, One Year Placement (20-25 hours per week)
Company Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Competition Number: 2017 SA 003
Genoa Design International is a marine production design company. Our head office is located in Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. We also have work sites in Vancouver and New Orleans.
In business since 1995, Genoa provides production lofting, detail design and 3D modeling services to shipbuilding and offshore industries around the world, with the majority of clients located in North America.
As an employee-owned company, Genoa’s owners work in the business every day. Genoa operates a dynamic work environment with attention to openness, flexibility, health and wellness, career progression and competitive compensation packages.
If you are looking for a career opportunity with a company whose philosophy is to put people first, create lasting relationships, make a difference, never stand still, own it and to live well, we are looking forward to hearing from you.
Applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com. Please include competition number 2017 SA 003 in the subject line. While Genoa appreciates all applicants, only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted. Closing date is July 21, 2017.
- Provide accounting controls by following policies and procedures, and complying with federal and provincial financial legal requirements;
- Reconcile general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing financial information;
- Maintain general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable detail, adjusting entries for amortization of pre-payments, analyzing and reconciling accounts payable ledgers, and preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals;
- Assist Controller with monthly reporting, month end closing and procedure documentation; and
- Manage bi-weekly payroll, remittances, and HST calculations.
- Diploma or degree in accounting, finance or relevant field supplemented with 2 to 3 years of experience in financial accounting principles and practices;
- Enrollment in the CPA program would be an asset;
- Proficiency with Simply Accounting as well MS Office, in particular, Excel;
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must; and
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience will also be considered.
- Using Judgment (analytical and decisive decision making, able to prioritize and communicate)
- Quality Orientation
- Results Orientation
- Understanding and Managing Data
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Work takes place in a variety of office and industrial settings.