Thank you for your interest in Genoa Design. Genoa is focused on hiring the right people for the right job. We not only have a passion for ships, we also have a passion for living well. We believe in offering employees a satisfying, challenging and balanced work environment. If this sounds like the place for you, please see our current job postings.
Export Development Administrator
Reports to: Business Development Manager
Location of employment: Mount Pearl
Annual salary: Competitive Compensation Package
Position type: Full-time, 1-year Placement (40 hours per week)
Company Contact Information: email@example.com
Competition Number: 2017 EDA 004
Genoa Design International is a marine production design company. Our head office is located in Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. We also have work sites in Vancouver and New Orleans.
In business since 1995, Genoa provides production lofting, detail design and 3D modeling services to shipbuilding and offshore industries around the world, with the majority of clients located in North America.
As an employee-owned company, Genoa’s owners work in the business every day. Genoa operates a dynamic work environment with attention to openness, flexibility, health and wellness, career progression and competitive compensation packages.
If you are looking for a career opportunity with a company whose philosophy is to put people first, create lasting relationships, make a difference, never stand still, own it and to live well, we are looking forward to hearing from you.
Applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include competition number 2017 SA 003 in the subject line. While Genoa appreciates all applicants, only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted. Closing date is July 21, 2017.
- Conduct market research and compile industry data, which would include collecting, analyzing and evaluating data and other information;
- Assist Business Development Manager by working with industry associations to identify opportunities of collaboration and assist them in the process of forming export partnerships;
- Assist with the identification and development of new initiatives for export promotion and support ongoing initiatives for increased production and value addition of these services for potential export;
- Assist with identifying, developing and preparing quotations for new and ongoing business opportunities;
- Participate in the development and delivery of trade shows through identification of opportunities including the logistic coordination of various trade shows.
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Economics, Social Sciences or related discipline;
- One to two years experience in marketing business services;
- Experience in the areas of the international trade/export sector and, in particular, shipbuilding;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with diverse groups;
- Demonstrated knowledge of international markets, export procedures/logistics and marketing practices are considered an asset;
- Experience in, or exposure to, the shipbuilding marketing industry would be an asset.
- Using Judgment (analytical and decisive decision making, able to prioritize and communicate)
- Results Orientation
- Business Acumen
- Quality Orientation
- Understanding and Managing Data
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Work takes place in a variety of office and industrial settings.