Thank you for your interest in Genoa Design. Genoa is focused on hiring the right people for the right job. We not only have a passion for ships, we also have a passion for living well. We believe in offering employees a satisfying, challenging and balanced work environment. If this sounds like the place for you, please see our current job postings.
Reports to: Client Liaison Manager
Location of employment: Vancouver, BC
Annual salary: Competitive Compensation Package
Position type: Full-time, permanent (40 hours per week)
Company Contact Information: email@example.com
Competition Number: 2018 OC 007
Genoa Design International is a marine production design company. Our head office is located in Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. We also have work sites in Vancouver and New Orleans.
In business since 1995, Genoa provides production lofting, detail design and 3D modeling services to shipbuilding and offshore industries around the world, with the majority of clients located in North America.
As an employee-owned company, Genoa’s owners work in the business every day. Genoa operates a dynamic work environment with attention to openness, flexibility, health and wellness, career progression and competitive compensation packages.
If you are looking for a career opportunity with a company whose philosophy is to put people first, create lasting relationships, make a difference, never stand still, own it and to live well, we are looking forward to hearing from you.
Applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include competition number 2018 OC 007 in the subject line. While Genoa appreciates all applicants, only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted. Closing date is Friday, April 6, 2018.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the office, providing administrative support to the team, ordering general supplies, and being the face of Genoa to clients and visitors;
- Manage office reception duties such as answer the telephone, distribute mail, respond to inquiries, and greet and assist visitors;
- Coordinate and plan town halls, catered lunches, teambuilders and social events that take place during and after business hours;
- Coordinate travel, meeting and other arrangements for employees;
- Coordinate large or critical project meetings or sessions for the Vancouver office; and
- Act as a the key administrative and team touch point for Vancouver, passing on information, updating policies and contact information.
- Diploma in office or business administration, or equivalent, supplemented by a minimum of three to five years of office administration experience;
- Possess strong organizational, planning and creative problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities with independence and good judgment;
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is a requirement; and
- Ability to resolve basic IT issues and comfort using a variety of computer systems and software would be an asset.
- Using Judgment (analytical and decisive decision making, able to prioritize and communicate)
- Quality Orientation
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Office Environment