Thank you for your interest in Genoa Design. Genoa is focused on hiring the right people for the right job. We not only have a passion for ships, we also have a passion for living well. We believe in offering employees a satisfying, challenging and balanced work environment. If this sounds like the place for you, please see our current job postings.
Project Integrated Team Member - Structure
Reports to: Detail Design Manager
Location of employment: Vancouver, BC
Annual salary: Competitive Compensation Package
Position type: Full-time, permanent (40 hours per week)
Company Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Competition Number: 2017 PST 009
Genoa Design International is a marine production design company. Our head office is located in Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. We also have work sites in Vancouver and New Orleans.
In business since 1995, Genoa provides production lofting, detail design and 3D modeling services to shipbuilding and offshore industries around the world, with the majority of clients located in North America.
As an employee-owned company, Genoa’s owners work in the business every day. Genoa operates a dynamic work environment with attention to openness, flexibility, health and wellness, career progression and competitive compensation packages.
If you are looking for a career opportunity with a company whose philosophy is to put people first, create lasting relationships, make a difference, never stand still, own it and to live well, we are looking forward to hearing from you.
Applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com. Please include competition number 2017 PST 009 in the subject line. While Genoa appreciates all applicants, only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted. Closing date is December 29, 2017.
- Support the 3D Model Management Team (MMT) to resolve discipline-specific technical issues focused on marine structure;
- Support shipyard Integrated Project Teams (IPT) on quality and alignment of required inputs to the 3D modeling teams;
- Confirm availability and quality reviews of technical inputs prior to release to the 3D model teams;
- Assist the MMT with progressive reviews of the 3D model, ensuring quality and scope alignment;
- Support the design development process (3D model plan) for 3D product models for ship construction;
- Prepare and deliver formal briefings and lead technical discussions for project reviews;
- Interpret technical, detail design and construction drawings related to marine structure design;
- Review 3D model and drawings to ensure the model and associated deliverables are compliant with specifications and standards;
- Facilitate any workshops/meetings to address any issues and/or gaps that exist with the structure;
- Support MMT with the writing of standing orders for the model development for structure; and
- Responsible for collecting, triaging and distributing model changes to relevant parties as well as supporting engineering with the closing of the Request for Information.
- Degree or technical diploma in a related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum of three years of relevant drafting/design experience for marine structure;
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, communication and time management skills;
- Demonstrate ability to influence stakeholders and work collaboratively;
- Experience in the use of ShipConstructor, AutoCAD, Navisworks, and other ship design software;
- Knowledge of Lloyd’s and DNV classification systems; and
- Shipyard experience is highly desirable.
- Using Judgment (analytical and decisive decision making, able to prioritize and communicate)
- Quality Orientation
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Work takes place in a variety of office and industrial settings.